• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

i found solution for frontpage and 8.1

attempt to invoke directory as script, in frontpage module

Solution for the
"attempt to invoke directory as script: /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0\xf4W\x83\xbf_\xdf\xc2\xb7\x10X\x83\xbf\xe6\x11#\xb7\x022523"
errors in the log file

This is caused by a flaw in the patch file posted earlier, causing a variable to be defined using a pair of other uninitialized variables... The part of the patch with the problem is listed below:

- ap_table_set(r->notes,"FPexecfilename", ap_pstrcat(r->pool, FPSTUB, NULL));
- r->filename = ap_pstrcat(r->pool, r->filename, szCgi, NULL);
+ execFilename = apr_pstrcat(r->pool, FP, szDir, szBuf, szBase, NULL);
+ apr_table_set(r->notes,"FPexecfilename", execFilename);

This is at about line 840 in mod_frontpage.c after the patch is applied... You need to change the line:

execFilename = apr_pstrcat(r->pool, FP, szDir, szBuf, szBase, NULL);
into
execFilename = apr_pstrcat(r->pool, FPSTUB, NULL);

I'm still unable to use the FP modules, it never seems to take my username/password for a frontpage admin login, but this solved the visible 403 error that it was kicking out... I'll try and poke more at this later to see if I'm missing anything else.

-Kenneth Sanislo

This has helped me to get to the point where it is accepting my username and password, but now I am getting a file not found on the fpadmin.exe file. It's like there are supposed to be copies of those files, or symlinks, but they aren't being created.

It Works! (Plesk 8.2.1 and Debian 4.0)

Well, after tweaking the latest centOS patches by crash (the same as how it was done in the link posted by CiViX just above) I've applied them to a copy of Plesk 8.2.1 on Debian 4.0, everything is looking good so far.

Thanks for the effort everyone it really helped me out,

-Kenneth Sanislo

Well, it doesn't work with Plesk 8.3 on CentOS 5 or 5.1. Just comes back with can't find shtml.exe in the logs for the particular domain.

Probably going to lose some customers over this. And to those saying Frontpage is ****, Frontpage is old... that doesn't really matter to customers. They still use Windows 95, Windows 98. You try to tell them they need to upgrade and they simply cancel and find a provider that can help them.

Are you saying that PLESK 8.3 breaks Frontpage again? I'm not sure why this would happen as I thought the mod_frontpage package only was dependant on apache, not anything in PLESK?

Can anyone confirm if the Frontpage-fix is broken by PLESK 8.3?

I tried installing it on a virgin Plesk 8.3 install/CentOS 5 and a CentOS 5.1 box. It *APPEARS* to work but the actual extensions don't work at all.

I'm using Plesk 8.6/Centos 5.2 and can't get it to work.

Apache 2.2.3 loads the module but using the extensions,
frontpage failed with a 404 (file not found) error.

Are there any working solutions right now?

Back