• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question I need to install Plesk 17.8.11 For Security Evaluation - Cannot Find it Anywhere

laptopcat

New Pleskian
Hi,
I need to install an outdated EOL version of Plesk, Onyx 17.8.11 for security evaluation of my organisation

But I cannot find a copy of it anywhere or how to install it and am at my wits end.

I have combed the internet for installer files and attempted the instructions from here:

How to Install A Legacy Plesk Version:

/plesk-installer --all-versions

But it only goes as far back as 18.0.52

I am using the following Ubuntu VM
ubuntu-20.04.6-live-server-amd64

Thanks in advance

Are you trying the install on a fresh, empty machine?
Yes.

I really don't mind what I install it on to be honest, as long as I can get this version (Plesk 17.8.11) running.

But I am currently attempting to install it on fresh Ubuntu VM in VirtualBox (ubuntu-20.04.6-live-server-amd64)

According to staff it is probably due to the operating system version. For a vintage Plesk you also need the appropriate operating system. On newer Ubuntus the old Onyx won't be available. Please try with ubuntu 18.x or older. It will should work with CentOS 7.x, too.

Back