• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

I receive an email about plesk was autoupdated every day (11.5)

jterry

Basic Pleskian
Hello

Since several weeks i'm receiving an email every day telling me that Plesk was updated successfully (ok, in spanish as my installation is).

This is CentOS release 6.4 (Final) x86_64

I have:

cat .autoinstaller/microupdates.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<patches>
<product id="plesk" version="11.5.30" installed-at="20130804T165540">
<patch version="14" timestamp="" installed-at="20130915T103015" />
</product>
</patches>

And ran days ago both

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

and

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

To check if something was fixed but it continues the same.

Do you know how can i fix this?

Perhaps related since this began i have another daily email with this (from anacron):

/etc/cron.daily/0logwatch:

Can't exec "sendmail": Permission denied at /usr/sbin/logwatch line 1040, <TESTFILE> line 2.
Can't execute sendmail -t: Permission denied

Best

Can't exec "sendmail": Permission denied at /usr/sbin/logwatch line 1040, <TESTFILE> line 2. Can't execute sendmail -t: Permission denied
Best

What is your output

Code:
ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail

Also check if selinux is enabled on your system:
Code:
getenforce

If it's enabled, Try to temporarily disable it with the "setenforce 0" command and running the logwatch cron to see if your email gets processed!

Hello, thanks by your reply

What is your output

Code:
ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail

Also check if selinux is enabled on your system:
Code:
getenforce

If it's enabled, Try to temporarily disable it with the "setenforce 0" command and running the logwatch cron to see if your email gets processed!

ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 21 sep 12 19:06 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta

getenforce
Enforcing

After disabling selinux and reboot, executing logwatch sent the email.

Whats the problem? Must i leave disabled?

Best,

It continues the same, i got another plesk autoupdated email this morning.

Update: Well, really today i got an update (patch version 15), so i'll check tomorrow again.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's really updating :) To rule out that fact, disable Plesk AUTO Updates and see if the emails persist ..

It continues the same, i got another plesk autoupdated email this morning.

Update: Well, really today i got an update (patch version 15), so i'll check tomorrow again.

Nope, today i got another autoupdater email, and it continues patch version="15". Going to repair again (from patch version 15) and check what happens.

I have this problem too. It started with update #14 and I am now on #15 - which is not listed in the release notes!

The only official acknowledgement I have seen for this problem is here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...ith-11-5-30-13&p=699630&viewfull=1#post699630 This post mentions a bug reference (PPP-3887) but I cannot find a bug tracker or mention of this reference anywhere?

I have to say, I am disappointed by the lack of official support on this forum.

Back