• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question I want to reinstall Plesk Node

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
I’m running plesk repair command and facing error. Strangely it is not happening with "plesk repair all" but with "installation".
The errors are all about missing Plesk node related files and directories. The files listed below are the ones pointed out by Plesk repair. I do not use Node so I do not consider it a fatal problem. I coped for now by duplicating the missing files from the old version.

• /opt/plesk/node/9/share/doc/plesk-nodejs9-9.10.1/README.md
  • /opt/plesk/node/9/share/doc/plesk-nodejs9-9.10.1/LICENSE
  • /opt/plesk/node/9/share/doc/plesk-nodejs9-9.10.1/CHANGELOG.md

• /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/html/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/doc/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/config/load-uid.js
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/config/fetch-opts.js

• /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man5/npm-shrinkwrap.json.5
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man5/npm-package-locks.5
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man5/npm-json.5
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man5/npm-global.5
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man5/npm-folders.5

• /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/removing-npm.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-scripts.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-scope.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-registry.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-orgs.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-index.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-disputes.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-developers.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-config.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/man/man7/npm-coding-style.7
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/ajv/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/bcrypt-pbkdf/CONTRIBUTING.md
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/block-stream/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cacache/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cmd-shim/.npmignore
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/cmd-shim/.travis.yml
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/co/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/duplexify/node_modules/readable-stream/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fast-deep-equal/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/find-up/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/flush-write-stream/node_modules/readable-stream/CONTRIBUTING.md
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/from2/node_modules/readable-stream/CONTRIBUTING.md
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fs-write-stream-atomic/node_modules/readable-stream/CONTRIBUTING.md
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/fstream/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/https-proxy-agent/.travis.yml
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/invert-kv/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/is-ci/.travis.yml
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/is-ci/test.js
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema-traverse/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema/draft-00/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema/draft-01/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema/draft-02/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema/draft-03/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema/draft-04/*
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema/draft-zyp-json-schema-03.xml
  • /opt/plesk/node/12/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/json-schema/draft-zyp-json-schema-04.xml

I am still working on it manually...
Run the repair command, duplicate the missing files, and run the repair command again. This is simply too much work; is there any way to reinstall just each version of Plesk's Node?

The node.js extension now automatically installs and updates supported LTS versions and the current version (12, 14, 16, 17) of Node.js.
So, reinstalling this extension should reinstall nodes versions.
To find out what Node.js versions are already installed on a Plesk server use the following command:

# plesk ext nodejs --versions

The node.js extension now automatically installs and updates supported LTS versions and the current version (12, 14, 16, 17) of Node.js.
So, reinstalling this extension should reinstall nodes versions.
To find out what Node.js versions are already installed on a Plesk server use the following command:

# plesk ext nodejs --versions

Thank you!
I was not able to uninstall it using the Plesk web UI, so I did it from the command line. Then the Node.js extension was removed but /opt/plesk/node was left intact. I manually deleted /opt/plesk/node directory.
I then installed the Node.js extension from the command line. Then, four versions of the directory "10, 12, 14, 16" were generated in /opt/plesk/node. Previously, they were "10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 4, 6, 8, 9".

What is odd, however, is that the contents of /opt/plesk/node/10 are empty. After all, the plesk repair command stops with an error that there are no files or directories. I restored node/10 from a backup and put it in the new node/10. Then I ran the plesk repair command and now node/9 is empty.... So I restore node/9, and now 8.... After all, Plesk may be looking for "10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 4, 6, 8, 9".

I've achieved my goal on this topic, so it may be complete. Even after uninstalling the Node extension and running Plesk repair, Plesk repair still asks for /opt/plesk/node/10 directory.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Node many times and the versions installed are either "12, 14, 16" or "10, 12, 14, 16". The variation is strange.
Is there a version of Node that is defined as Plesk, and some factor is causing the version to be out of compliance?
Or is the Plesk repair command itself broken? Is it possible to reset it?

Support finally contacted me about this as well.
It appears that the Plesk Node.js 10 package was corrupted. That was all the instructions I received, but eventually the same error repeated itself on 4, 6, 9, and 12.
Code:
rpm -e --justdb --nodeps --noscripts plesk-nodejs10-9.10.1-18040317.x86_64

After that, the following error (warning) is displayed, and the repair command does not seem to have completed.

Cleaning active Panel sessions...
Fixing permissions on Panel packages files
WARNING:File permissions are not found for /opt/plesk/python/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/script (dev).tmpl
Changing permissions on /var/run/dovecot/login to 0755

Bootstrapper repair finished.
If problems persist, please check installer logs ('/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.44_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.44_repair_problems.log') for errors.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Plesk support.
I have intentionally granted various permissions to "script (dev).tmpl" and this warning does not go away.
Apparently I have all sorts of glitches.

Back