• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question I want to reset Let's Encrypt

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
Let's Encrypt setting for each subdomain got wrong.
First, there is no ".well-known" in the directory of each subdomain.
There are multiple certificates in the hosting settings of each host and certificates with similar names.
Installing a certificate can not use it. Even if I access Let's Encrypt many times, it is always "Install" instead of "Update".

I tried deleting the certificate of Let's Encrypt with the SSL/TLS certificate of the security of the tool and setting. As a result, some subdomains disappeared from the list in the certificate list in the hosting setting. Some hosts display historical certificate lists. In this case, Let's Encrypt becomes "Install" instead of "Update". When I deleted the certificate with the SSL/TLS certificate of the tool and setting before, I remember that the certificate of Let's Encrypt disappeared from all the subdomains.

I have become complicated in state. I want to reset this Let's Encrypt setting once.
I am trying to recreate the certificate by running "plesk repair web" on the command line. I could not repair this condition with this.
Of course I'm also trying to restart the server. I delete the certificate and restart the server. Then install Let's Encrypt's certificate in Tools and Settings and update* Let's Encrypt for each subdomain. And there is no ".well-known" in the directory of all the subdomains.
*Is it abnormal that it is "update" at this time?

Please tell me how to reset Let's Encrypt in Plesk.

Last edited:
Maybe because I ran "plesk repair web" command, did I execute "Reinstall SSL/TLS certificates and set the default certificate for all IP addresses?", So the .well-known directory was aggregated within "/var/vhosts/www/default(/htdocs)"? Is it possible to return this to each subdomain as before?

> Mr. IgorG, thanks for the reply.
Sorry, I misunderstood the expression. It was "each subdomain", not "each host".

The .well-known directory was only in /var/www/vhosts/www/default/htdocs/. I tried deleting (moving) it, but nothing changed.
In that troubleshooting KB article, I often see certificates can not be updated and I have been looking very well since long ago. I deleted the .well-known directory and solved it by reinstalling the certificate, and sometimes I corrected the DNS operation. It seems that this method can not be used this time.

Some subdomains can not make SSL connections at all.
Let's Encrypt is always "Install" button state. I can not use another a certificate of a same domain. ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
I tried recreating it by deleting subdomains. Even this state does not change at all.

Back