• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[IDEA] Piwik Log Analytics (done the right way)

Somebody1

New Pleskian
Okay, so I have the idea to implement piwik on my Plesk installation, for all users. Why? Because AWstats and Webalizer are generating plain HTML-logfiles. Great for some quick overview, but I want insights. And Piwik has more capabilities to log accurately.

The idea is to install Piwik in /var/www/piwik, and make an alias for all users to it. (like /plesk-stat/piwik) Now you don't have hundreds of separate Piwik installation, but one. However, I haven't find out the best permissions. Since AWStats and Webalizer just use HTML-files which are copied to the users analytics directory upon creation, it's a different thing. By the way, Piwik is configureable to accept a plain HTTP-login, so it integrates well.

So that's a bit of the basic configuration, but now the analytics. How are we going to insert the tracking codes into all the client websites? Great news: not. We are going to use Piwik's log importer for that. Fantastic news: The same script supports piped log importing for real-time analytics (from all websites), if you want to go that far. Parallels guys, why didn't this great stuff didn't make it into Plesk allready?

So the idea is currently to make a wrapper for the log importer and schedule it daily.

What are your thoughts on this?

Hello Igor,

I found the problem, it was my fault. The firewall was configured with restriction to several ports in localhost. Now it is properly configured and it works well.

Thanks.

Back