• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

If your incoming mail has suddenly started failing....

HostaHost

Regular Pleskian
spf.trusted-forwarder.org has disappeared from DNS, and by default, Plesk 8 and 9 had an include:spf.trustedforwarder.org in the SPF rules. So, if you had enabled SPF checking on your Plesk 8 or 9 server, your incoming mail is likely being affected right now. Just delete that from the spf rules and it will go back to normal.

spf.trusted-forwarder.org has disappeared from DNS, and by default, Plesk 8 and 9 had an include:spf.trustedforwarder.org in the SPF rules. So, if you had enabled SPF checking on your Plesk 8 or 9 server, your incoming mail is likely being affected right now. Just delete that from the spf rules and it will go back to normal.

Does anyone on here know if trusted-forwarder.org has disappeared permanently or is this a temporary issue, and what the impact is for SPF in general?

Although my server with Plesk 11.0.9 doesn´t have "spf.trusted-forwarder.org" configured, I still see it in the log files. Any idea where this may come frome?

I have seen another thread and that user experienced the same. Seems to have been fixed by appyling a patch, but as that thread is from 2010 I would have expected that patch to already be included in Plesk 11.0.9.

# /usr/local/psa/bin/mailserver --info spf
SPF spam protection: on
SPF checking mode: Reject mails when SPF resolves to "fail" (deny)
SPF local rules:
SPF guess:
SPF explanation text: Please see http://www.openspf.org/Why?s=helo;id=%{S};ip=%{C};r=%{R}

Jun 27 11:28:41 myhost spf filter[32676]: Error code: (26) DNS lookup failure
Jun 27 11:28:41 myhost spf filter[32676]: Failed to query MAIL-FROM: Temporary DNS failure for 'spf.trusted-forwarder.org'.
Jun 27 11:28:41 myhost spf filter[32676]: SPF result: tempfail

You'll want to look in two places:

/var/qmail/control/spfrules

or

/etc/psa-spf/spfrules

If you don't do any inclusions, just empty that file; i.e. cp /dev/null /etc/psa-spf/spfrules

Thx! =)
"/var/qmail/control/spfrules" doesn´t exist, but I found it in "/etc/psa-spf/spfrules".

Back