• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Iis?

T

tnats@

Where can I get IIS 5.0? Is it free or do I have to pay? Sorry, I live in the Linux world and this is all new to me.

Thanks,
Tom

Ok, I got IIS installed, now I get a generic error. I attached a screenshot of it.

This is just a plain vanilla install of win2k with IIS 5. With service pack #4 and all the security updates.

sb_error.jpg

Could you post here information from Windows Event Log about installation error?

1. Open Windows Run dialog (press 'Start' button on desktop, then choose 'Run...' menu item; or press 'windows+R').
2. In run dialog enter 'eventvwr' (without quotes) and press enter. 3. You'll see 'Event Viewer' window. Choose 'Application', find log entries from SiteBuilder installer and post it here please.

Here ya go:
Product: SWsoft SiteBuilder 3.2 for Windows -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this installation to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action OnSuccessCA script error -2147024893, : Line 599, Column 8,

This string is about manipulating IIS. Please check, that you could manually create site in IIS and successfully run them. Also check if port 2006 (it's default port) isn't busy. If it is - you could set any other value in custom installation mode.

I created a database named Sitebuilder and used it for the install and it installed this time.

But, now when I go to the Admin page, I get this:
Server Error in '/SiteBuilder' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to access IIS metabase.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS metabase.

The process account used to run ASP.NET must have read access to the IIS metabase (e.g. IIS://servername/W3SVC). For information on modifying metabase permissions, please see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267904.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS metabase.]
System.Web.Configuration.MetabaseServerConfig.MapPathCaching(String siteID, VirtualPath path) +3500410
System.Web.Configuration.MetabaseServerConfig.System.Web.Configuration.IConfigMapPath.MapPath(String siteID, VirtualPath vpath) +9
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull) +163
System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath) +382
System.Web.CachedPathData.GetConfigPathData(String configPath) +243
System.Web.CachedPathData.GetApplicationPathData() +68
System.Web.CachedPathData.GetVirtualPathData(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitPathsOutsideApp) +3393731
System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetLKGRuntimeConfig(VirtualPath path) +189

Sitebuilder works now, here is what I did:
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis -ga sitebuilder\ASPNET

Start granting sitebuilder\ASPNET access to the IIS metabase and other directori
es used by ASP.NET.
Finished granting sitebuilder\ASPNET access to the IIS metabase and other direct
ories used by ASP.NET.

But, now when I try to add the new sitebuilder to my Linux Plesk 8.1, it says:
Could not connect to specified SiteBuilder server

But I can get to it with the URL I'm putting into Plesk. Both Wizard and Admin work fine. But Plesk can't communicate to it. (from the Plesk box, I can ping and telnet to port 80)

http://sitebuilder.[mydomain]/SiteBuilder/ correct?

Sitebuilder remote admin should be accessed here: http://sitebuilder.domain.tld/ServiceFacade/3.2/ by default (try to check it, for example, by running following request in browser: http://sitebuilder.domain.tld/ServiceFacade/3.2/PlanWebService.asmx)
I understand that Sitebuilder is running on 80 port on your server.

As for Sitebuilder for Windows and Plesk for Linux integration I can't say for sure if it will work correctly. As I know there are no significant differences in API for Sitebuilder 3.0.2 for Linux and Sitebuilder 3.2 for Windows but such integration was not tested. So theoretically it should work but can't guarantee that everything will work correctly. As for Plesk for Linux and Sitebuilder for Linux integration I used it a lot and can say that it works properly.

Back