• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Image Category Description - Operation has not been completed

M

mortar

Trying to edit 2 of 7 Image Category Descriptions: (Edit Category > Description > OK) although don't seem to want to update: Receiving the error in the logs:

Error! Operation has not been completed.

Edit Category - Description

Creation date 7/29/2008 11:11:04 AM
Level Error
Source System
Source System
User name admin
IP address MYIP
Requested URL /Wizard/Edit/Modules/ImageGallery/Category/Update
Referrer URL http://MYURL/Wizard/Edit/Modules/ImageGallery/Category/Edit?id=5
User agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0
Message Action status: 2; Target: /Wizard/Edit/Modules/ImageGallery/Category/Edit; Messages: Error! Operation has not been completed.

Sensitive data changed obviously.. Any way to fix this?

Most likely it is [suhosin] PHP extension used on the publishing server (location where your site is published to). You should disable the extension or at least increase all its configuration options on php.ini.

suhosin isn't being used on the server in question - Could it be anything else?

Another possibility is low connectivity between Sitebuilder server and publishing location.
The fact is that Sitebuilder communicates with FTP server permanently when one browses through image gallery on site in sitebuilder wizard.

I advise to look into detailed Sitebuilder log (Server -> Logs -> Module) and FTP log file on the publishing location.

removing the category completely and reinstalling fixes the problem

That was a workaround to the problem - the fix was to increase the limits in suhosin.

What config options specifically?

I've bumped up the following which were set at 2000:
suhosin.cookie.max_vars = 2000000
suhosin.get.max_vars = 2000000
suhosin.post.max_vars = 2000000
suhosin.request.max_vars = 2000000

I've also set the memory_limit to 64M instead of 32M

Restarted httpd and still receive the same error.

Back