• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Plesk Extension 'Transfer of DNS Records' Not Functioning

Rob Taylor

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Plesk Extension 'Transfer of DNS Records' Not Functioning

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian, 18.0.43 Update #1, CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

The extension installs without issue.

When logged into the Plesk UI as administrator the extension does not find any domain names to import or export.

When running the extension via the command line to import a zone, a PHP error is returned stating that a function cannot be found.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

• For the Plesk web UI
    • Login to Plesk as 'administrator'
    • Go to 'Extensions' in the left-hand navigation
    • Do a search for 'Transfer of DNS Records'
    • Click 'Install'
    • Once installed, go to 'My Extensions' and open the newly installed extension.
  • For the command line
    • Open a command line prompt
    • Add a zone file in /tmp/zone.txt for a domain name that is already added on the Plesk server
    • Run 'plesk ext dns-transfer import 2 /tmp/example.com'
      • Ensure you replace '2' with the correct domain ID

ACTUAL RESULT

• For the Plesk web UI:
    • "The domains were not found."
  • For the command line:
    • ERR [panel] Call to undefined function PleskExt\DnsTransfer\Cli\Command\readline():
      0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/dns-transfer/library/Cli/Command/ImportCommand.php:137
      PleskExt\DnsTransfer\Cli\Command\ImportCommand->run()
      1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/dns-transfer/hooks/ApiCli.php:56
      Modules_DnsTransfer_ApiCli->executeCommand(string 'import')
      2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/dns-transfer/hooks/ApiCli.php:33
      Modules_DnsTransfer_ApiCli->importCommand()
      3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Extension/Hook/ApiCli.php:26
      Plesk\Extension\Hook\ApiCli::call(string 'dns-transfer', array)
      4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuModule.php:419
      cuModule->_callCommand(string 'dns-transfer', array)
      5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuApp.php:79
      cuApp->_callCommandMethod(array)
      6: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuModule.php:172
      cuModule->_callCommandMethod(array)
      7: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuApp.php:73
      cuApp->_executeCommand()
      8: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cuApp.php:53
      cuApp->runFromCliGate()
      9: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/CuExecutor.php:69
      CuExecutor->execUtil(string 'cuModule', string 'runFromCliGate')
      10: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/CuExecutor.php:131
      CuExecutor->run()
      11: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/CliUtilityRunner.php:28
      CliUtilityRunner->run()
      12: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/CliUtilityRunner.php:37
      require_once(string '/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/CliUtilityRunner.php')
      13: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/extension.php:3
      ERROR: Error: Call to undefined function PleskExt\DnsTransfer\Cli\Command\readline() (ImportCommand.php:137)
      exit status 1

EXPECTED RESULT

• For the Plesk web UI:
    • A list of domain names setup on the server with the option to import or export the zone file
  • For the command line:
    • Confirmation that the zone file has been imported for the specified domain name

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

At IgorG's request, I have tried to remove the extension and to reinstall but this did not resolve the issue.

I have replicated the issue on 2 completely independent servers with the same result.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

From the developer:

We show domains of current user only if he open main page of extension. So, if admin do not have a domain he gets empty list.
Otherwise, the administrator may receive a very big list of domains.
Admin can use impersonalization under customer or button "Transfer DNS" on DNS settings page of domain.

443.png

About error in CLI: I couldn't reproduce this error. Maybe, readline module of PHP is not installed.

There is a bug in CLI about deadline(): EXTPLESK-3504
We will fix it in the next release of DNS Transfer extension which should happen soon.

@Robert Alexander In Plesk go the domain, then go the DNS settings of that domain and you'll find the "Transfer DNS" button there.

443-png.20847

Fantastic. Do you know it's been over a month trying to find out about this from Ionos Support.
I have been paying for the old contract as well as the new one. They explained you'd have to remove the contract from the old one and then add the Domain into the new Contract, if I want to stop paying for the old one. The also said that doing that would unfortunately mean there would be no DNS Records.
I said surely there's a way of exporting and importing? They said you'd have to note each record and copy them in one at at time once you've added the domain to the new contract. This went to level 2 support as well and 1st line said they were told this was the only way to do it?

Can't believe it was that simple. I asked the question about exporting the Zone File in Bind Format specifically. Unbelievable to be honest. Why?

Anyway is it easy then in Plesk to import the bind file into the domain when I've added it to the new Contract?

Do I also need to import these TSLA Records. I can't specifically remember adding them in the first place?
1709499729603.png
Thanks

Anyway is it easy then in Plesk to import the bind file into the domain when I've added it to the new Contract?
Sure, use the same "Transfer DNS" button on the domain you want to import the bind file to, and click the import button.

Do I also need to import these TSLA Records. I can't specifically remember adding them in the first place?
I am not sure. Those are part of the DANE security setting for email. Something I have little experience with.

Back