• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Image Gallery Picture Order

Will-NYESDigital

Regular Pleskian
Does anyone know of a way to control the ordering of pictures when displayed in the image gallery module in Web Presence Builder? While you can control the order of the pictures as displayed in the editor (i.e. the order in which you upload them), once you publish the site the pictures are displayed in a different order. The order within the editor remains the same, it is just the order on the published website. I have tried naming the pictures with a number at the beginning (e.g. 1-picture, 2-picture etc.), but naming appears to have no effect on the order.

If anybody knows of a way to control the order, I would be very interested to hear how it is done. In the meantime I will continue to see if I can figure out if there is any answer, or whether it just is a lucky dip.

Thanks

Hi Russel,

We can't reproduce this issue on our current development build - can you tell me which version of WPB you are using? Thanks in advance!

Hi Custer,
Thanks for the reply. To the best of my knowledge we are using version 10.4.4. At least that is what it says on the toolbar in the web presence builder editor. If you go to www.manfield.n-yorks.sch.uk then you can see the order as published, and there is also a screenshot there that was taken to record the order as initially uploaded into the gallery.

Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks again for your help.

Hi Russel,

Thanks for the additional information -- this looks like a bug in the product. I've filed this bug to our bugtracking system and we'll try to fix it in one of the next releases (hopefully, 11.0). Thank you!

I confirm that this fixed in WPB 11.5 (not released yet), but I'm not sure about previous versions.
P.S. WPB 11.5 also makes possible to reorder images manually.

Hi Egor - Thanks for reminding us of the good news about manual reordering of photos in the Gallery module (I do vaguely remember it mentioned elsewhere in these forums...). I know v 11.5 isn't released yet, but has the beta trial been released for those of us who signed up to participate in the trial? Thanks!

Hi Jonathan,

WPB 11.5 will be included in Plesk 11.5.25 preview. They will available in near days (most likely tomorrow).
We will be glad to feedback from you.

Back