• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Imagemagick WEBP Support

T-KH

New Pleskian
I am currently running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 on Debian Debian 9.13
My installed PHP-Versions are: 8.1.7, 8.0.20 and 7.4.30, all these version are missing .webp from the ImageMagick supported formats

Are the PHP Versions included in newer Plesk Obsidian compiled with Imagemagick .webp support?
So If I were to update to Obsidian 18.0.55, I could use Imagemagick webp?

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27

12 May 2020

"The GD library shipped with Plesk PHP packages now supports WebP."

I am not sure if the imagick extension needs this added separately. Maybe another user on here will know.

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27

12 May 2020

"The GD library shipped with Plesk PHP packages now supports WebP."

I am not sure if the imagick extension needs this added separately. Maybe another user on here will know.
Yea currently I am using GD for my image transformations, which is working fine, except in some special edge cases, so for these i would like to use imagick with webp support.

According to other users, on new operating systems and PHP versions, webp support is automatically included in the imagick module. I can also see it in my test servers and my production servers. I do not know when it was introduced into Plesk builds, but is must have been at least two years ago.

Updating Plesk is always a good idea, but I am not perfectly sure if you'd also need to update your operating system to at least Debian 10 for that.

According to other users, on new operating systems and PHP versions, webp support is automatically included in the imagick module. I can also see it in my test servers and my production servers. I do not know when it was introduced into Plesk builds, but is must have been at least two years ago.

Updating Plesk is always a good idea, but I am not perfectly sure if you'd also need to update your operating system to at least Debian 10 for that.
Alright, I'll check for the debian update.
But thanks for providing the ImageMagick information!

Can confirm that webp is supported on newer version automatically.

By the way, @T-KH, Debian 9 is EOL so I doubt you'll find any updates to debian that will include it. Your best bet will be to spin up a new server and migrate to that server for a better experience. The alternative is to do a distro upgrade bringing your current debian installation from 9 to 10 (or to even 11) but I've always recommended spinning up a new server and migrate everything over to that new server.

Can confirm that webp is supported on newer version automatically.

By the way, @T-KH, Debian 9 is EOL so I doubt you'll find any updates to debian that will include it. Your best bet will be to spin up a new server and migrate to that server for a better experience. The alternative is to do a distro upgrade bringing your current debian installation from 9 to 10 (or to even 11) but I've always recommended spinning up a new server and migrate everything over to that new server.
Great, thanks for the info!

Back