• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IMP and Proftpd config proposal

B

BoXie

I think SW-Soft should enable the following settings by default in /etc/psa-horde/imp/conf.php

Code:
$conf['mailbox']['show_attachments'] = true;
$conf['mailbox']['show_preview'] = true;
$conf['mailbox']['show_xpriority'] = true;

And perhaps also add these ones in /etc/proftpd.conf:

Code:
TimeoutIdle                     900
TimeoutNoTransfer        900
PassivePorts                    49152 65534
TimesGMT                        Off

The PassivePorts directive can be pretty usefull when you have a firewall enabled on the server. But i'm still waiting for Plesk to add a feature to work with port-ranges in the firewall module .. instead of single port lists.

$conf['mailbox']['show_attachments'] really loads server (it must open every email in mailbox to see it there attachment inside or not). If a lot of your customers use webmail it will be a problem. I think the same problem with other two options, but not too huge as attachment.

Are you really sure ? Is that knowledge based on facts or just a wild guess?

I mean .. even for the subject to appear the system has to open the mail or not?

They might also want to change the following in /etc/psa-horde/imp/conf.php
Code:
$conf['spam']['reporting'] = true;
$conf['notspam']['reporting'] = true;
and in /etc/proftpd.conf
Code:
DenyFilter \*.*/
The DenyFilter will help to prevent a serious problem that would make Proftpd consume all the memory on the server when it receives a certain command. But that is only part of the solution. The other half is to upgrade proftpd to 1.2.2

Back