• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Import mailbox from Office 365

tizgal

New Pleskian
Hi,

I need to import a few mailboxes now hosted on Office 365 to Plesk.
The import fails with the message "Could not log in to the source mailbox via IMAP. Make sure that the username and password for the source mailbox are correct.".

I am sure about user, password, and IMAP server (outlook.office365.com 993).

Is Mail Import compatible with O365 authentication?

I think Office 365 has deactivated normal IMAP/IMAPS logins a while ago. Workarounds that temporarily worked are no longer possible. They only allow their own auth algorithms now.

What you can do instead is to open your mailbox in Outlook as you are used from Office 365 and then add your IMAP mailbox as an additional mail account to the same Outlook profile (very easy done through the "File" > "Account" menu in Outlook. Once you have both set up in the same profile, you can simply drag & drop emails from one into the other. Make sure to use "INBOX" as the prefix path for your IMAP mailbox in Outlook. I'd also have a full backup of your O365 mails before "moving" them. Rather copy then move, because if your internet line is unstable, you may accidentally lose mails over the process.

Make sure you even have IMAP enabled on the mailbox in 365 to begin with (It's off by default but you can turn it on per mailbox or through powershell to mass turn on, org policies also needs to allow it).

In all honestly, though, the best option is to export the emails to EML files, zip it up and throw it into roundcube, or export the mailbox as a PST and use a PST converter tool to convert to a MBOX file and upload it to roundcube.

(but if you want my honest opinion, Office 365 is a lot better then trying to self host your own email service, less headaches when it comes to other email providers black listing things and such).

Back