• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Import of custom theme results in warnings

Monty

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
TITLE:
Import of custom theme results in warnings
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.21 Update #5
CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)‬
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When importing a custom theme, webp images are not imported and the following error message is displayed:
Code:
# plesk bin branding_theme -i -vendor admin -source /tmp/custom-theme.zip
The file tabs_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file expand_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file change_view_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file menu_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Follow the instructions here: Obtaining a Theme Package from Plesk

1. Obtain Plesk theme package:
    plesk bin branding_theme -p -name default -destination /tmp/plesk-theme.zip
  2. Customize the theme by editing custom.css, meta.xml etc.
  3. Import the new theme: plesk bin branding_theme -i -vendor admin -source /tmp/custom-theme.zip
ACTUAL RESULT:
Output will be:
The file tabs_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file expand_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file change_view_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file menu_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
EXPECTED RESULT:
No errors or warnings should be displayed​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The theme is imported successfully but the 4 webp files are missing in /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme-skins/<theme-name>/plesk/views/smb/web/view/images/
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

As you may know, webp image format is not supported by Plesk yet and this can be a reason for this issue.

Yes, I'm aware that webp images are not supported yet. But I did not add any webp images to my theme. I only generated a theme bundle, edited the meta.xml description and added a custom CSS file and then imported the new theme back. And this is when the error appears.
So I do believe it's a bug: If webp images are not supported, why are they contained in the theme bundle created by "plesk bin branding_theme -p -name default -destination /tmp/plesk-theme.zip" ?

Thank you. The feature request has been created: PPP-46990

Back