• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forwarded to devs Import of custom theme results in warnings

Monty

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
TITLE:
Import of custom theme results in warnings
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.21 Update #5
CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)‬
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When importing a custom theme, webp images are not imported and the following error message is displayed:
Code:
# plesk bin branding_theme -i -vendor admin -source /tmp/custom-theme.zip
The file tabs_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file expand_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file change_view_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file menu_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Follow the instructions here: Obtaining a Theme Package from Plesk

1. Obtain Plesk theme package:
    plesk bin branding_theme -p -name default -destination /tmp/plesk-theme.zip
  2. Customize the theme by editing custom.css, meta.xml etc.
  3. Import the new theme: plesk bin branding_theme -i -vendor admin -source /tmp/custom-theme.zip
ACTUAL RESULT:
Output will be:
The file tabs_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file expand_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file change_view_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
The file menu_trim_x2.webp was not copied to the server because this file type is not allowed in Plesk themes.
EXPECTED RESULT:
No errors or warnings should be displayed​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The theme is imported successfully but the 4 webp files are missing in /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme-skins/<theme-name>/plesk/views/smb/web/view/images/
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

As you may know, webp image format is not supported by Plesk yet and this can be a reason for this issue.

Yes, I'm aware that webp images are not supported yet. But I did not add any webp images to my theme. I only generated a theme bundle, edited the meta.xml description and added a custom CSS file and then imported the new theme back. And this is when the error appears.
So I do believe it's a bug: If webp images are not supported, why are they contained in the theme bundle created by "plesk bin branding_theme -p -name default -destination /tmp/plesk-theme.zip" ?

Thank you. The feature request has been created: PPP-46990

Back