• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Importing existing MYSQL database..?

R

rbhaydon

I hope this isn't an easy question that's obvious to everyone but me...

I have an existing client running a website using PHP and a separate MYSQL databaase. I have imported all the HTML/.PHP files into a new PLESK domain, but when I looked up the chapter on setting up user databases in the PLESK 7.5 Reloaded manual, it talks about uploading the database via a "SQL script". Did I misunderstand? I guess this is not as simple as a file copy from the old server to the new one+ a few other steps...I think PLESK/PHP-MySQL is much better for people starting a database from scratch...?

Can anyone please tell me how I import an existing MySQL dB from one Linux server to a PLESK Linux server?

Very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Bruce :confused:

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how I import an existing MySQL dB from one Linux server to a PLESK Linux server?

Probably the best way is to create a new database in Plesk and then import data for this database from SQL-dump from other server (either via console or using phpmyadmin).

Regards,

Pink

Back