1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Importing existing MYSQL database..?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rbhaydon, Jan 13, 2005.

1. rbhaydon

rbhaydon Guest

I hope this isn't an easy question that's obvious to everyone but me...

I have an existing client running a website using PHP and a separate MYSQL databaase. I have imported all the HTML/.PHP files into a new PLESK domain, but when I looked up the chapter on setting up user databases in the PLESK 7.5 Reloaded manual, it talks about uploading the database via a "SQL script". Did I misunderstand? I guess this is not as simple as a file copy from the old server to the new one+ a few other steps...I think PLESK/PHP-MySQL is much better for people starting a database from scratch...?

Can anyone please tell me how I import an existing MySQL dB from one Linux server to a PLESK Linux server?

Very much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Bruce :confused:

2. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Guest

Hi,

Probably the best way is to create a new database in Plesk and then import data for this database from SQL-dump from other server (either via console or using phpmyadmin).

Regards,

Pink