• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs In "TLS versions and ciphers by Mozilla" Plesk should allow separate settings for mail, web and psa

mr-wolf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
User name: mr-wolf

TITLE

In "TLS versions and ciphers by Mozilla" Plesk should allow separate settings for mail, web and psa

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

All

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

In Home -> Tools & Settings -> Security -> TLS versions and ciphers management, one has the ability to let Plesk configure Mozilla ciphers.
You can select 3 settings:

• Modern
  • Intermediate (recommended)
  • Old

Plesk has chosen a "one size fits all" approach. This means that all services will be set to those ciphers.

In practice most users will have modern browsers. Browsers, like Internet Explorer, are actively discouraged by their manufacturers and on top of that those browsers can be acquired free of charge.

It's different for mail clients. Some mail clients have to be purchased and those product are not actively discouraged by their manufacturers.

My preferred settings for these ciphers would be "Modern" for web and plesk itself, but "Intermediate" for "Mail".

Because Plesk can NOT set these, I have set all services to "Intermediate" although I would prefer to use "Modern"

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Go to

Home -> Tools & Settings -> Security -> TLS versions and ciphers management

ACTUAL RESULT

Ability to choose for "one size fits all"

EXPECTED RESULT

Ability to choose different settings for web and mail

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Back