• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Incomplete update to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52 Update #2 ?

Sergio Manzi

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update #2
After updating from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52 to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52 Update 2 I was left with a pending system update for psa-firewall 18.0.52-2.centos.7+p18.0.52.0+t230412.1639 (PLESK_18_0_52-dist) to Update to 18.0.52-2.centos.7+p18.0.53.0+t230424.1457 (PLESK_18_0_52-extras), which I manually performed.

Is this expected behavior?

TIA,

Sergio

If I recall correctly, the Plesk firewall is considered an extension which is managed by the extensions service so if you don't have auto-update enabled in the extensions that will not auto update. I'm sure @Peter Debik or someone else can confirm this but I don't see it as an issue, personally.

Yes, the firewall is now an extension. It used to be a component, but that was switched recently. I am not sure thought about the "not updated" situation. Extensions should update more frequently (as a new extension version becomes available) than the core product.

I want to underline that the aforementioned update was listed in the System Updates (/admin/pum/updates-list), not in the Extensions Updates (/modules/catalog/index.php/updates)...

hmmm... I might be wrong but I don't remember updates for the extensions I use (e.g.: Digital Ocean DNS, SSL It!, SSH Keys Manager, etc.) being listed in the system updates, besides, maybe the Grafana extension...

As we've not heard from other users, maybe this is a one-time situation that results from the switch from "component" to "extension". Just a guess.

Back