• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Incomplete update to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52 Update #2 ?

Sergio Manzi

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update #2
After updating from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52 to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52 Update 2 I was left with a pending system update for psa-firewall 18.0.52-2.centos.7+p18.0.52.0+t230412.1639 (PLESK_18_0_52-dist) to Update to 18.0.52-2.centos.7+p18.0.53.0+t230424.1457 (PLESK_18_0_52-extras), which I manually performed.

Is this expected behavior?

TIA,

Sergio

If I recall correctly, the Plesk firewall is considered an extension which is managed by the extensions service so if you don't have auto-update enabled in the extensions that will not auto update. I'm sure @Peter Debik or someone else can confirm this but I don't see it as an issue, personally.

Yes, the firewall is now an extension. It used to be a component, but that was switched recently. I am not sure thought about the "not updated" situation. Extensions should update more frequently (as a new extension version becomes available) than the core product.

I want to underline that the aforementioned update was listed in the System Updates (/admin/pum/updates-list), not in the Extensions Updates (/modules/catalog/index.php/updates)...

hmmm... I might be wrong but I don't remember updates for the extensions I use (e.g.: Digital Ocean DNS, SSL It!, SSH Keys Manager, etc.) being listed in the system updates, besides, maybe the Grafana extension...

As we've not heard from other users, maybe this is a one-time situation that results from the switch from "component" to "extension". Just a guess.

Back