• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Incorrect disk space usage reported

P

pran

Plesk 8.6.0 is reporting that a domain's log files is consuming more than 500MB of disk space but when I checked it via command line (using du -h) it's only using 50MB of disk space. Can't figure this one out.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 95
Fixed it by running the command:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=<domain_name>

The stats updates once per day, the disk space usage isnt in real time. So if the logs were deleted or rotated, or if he uploads a huge movie you wont know until later.

*/10 * * * 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,0-6 root /opt/psa/admin/sbin/statistics this is what i have in crontab as i had no statistics on domains i host

The usage problem is constant for me. That is to say that it's not an issue of the client having uploaded (or removed) a large file since the warning occurred. This is also a problem for several other clients I host with Plesk. I tried the command line pran suggested, but that just appeared to update awstats.

I need to tell plesk to only calculate the actual web and user files for a domain when applying quotas. Any thoughts?

The usage problem is constant for me. That is to say that it's not an issue of the client having uploaded (or removed) a large file since the warning occurred. This is also a problem for several other clients I host with Plesk. I tried the command line pran suggested, but that just appeared to update awstats.

I need to tell plesk to only calculate the actual web and user files for a domain when applying quotas. Any thoughts?

statistics utility calculates not only updates awstats data but also recalculates disk space usage (and rest of data shown on domain report page) of domain.

FTP and web users quota is being accounted in real time using system quota management and this limit cannot be violated, difference between disk space limit and hard disk quota is explained in the following article:
http://kb.odin.com/en/146

try.. delete the /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/useracc/Maildir/maildirsize

and then reset the user quota thru the control panel.

it works for me, plesk 8.6.0 as well

psa statistics

I had the same problem on Plesk 9.2. For a domain with effective disk usage 129Mb Plesk reported 5G and suspended domain!
So I tried:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=<domain_name>

and form me the response was:

error: error accessing /usr/share/tomcat5/logs: No such file or directory
error: tomcat:2 glob failed for /usr/share/tomcat5/logs/*.log

I do not use tomcat but i created the missing log folder and WOW - now reported size === actual size!

Solution Found!!

I found this << solution >> from another thread:
"
Go to Settings => Settings of server statistics => System Preferences

Under Include in the disk space usage calculation, uncheck domain backup files[/QUOTE]
"
--------------------------------
NOTICE: This is the main solution

Solution Continue...

Sorry. after doing that, for applying change to "Plesk Default Domain Page" you should run calculation of files again according to this:
CMD: "<ProgramFiles Folder>\Parallels\Plesk\Admin\bin\statistics.exe --disk-usage"

Hi guys,

I'm using the windows version (9.5) and having the same problem - although I suspect it is because the statistics program itself isn't working correctly.
I have several domains where log files are not being parsed by statistics, and also incorrect disk usage reported, etc - all for the same domains. I cannot seem to get the stats program to recognise certain domains on the server - let alone update them.

Any ideas how to 'reset' the statistics program so it refreshes all the domains it's supossed to look after? I have around 10 domains each day (same ones) that keep getting turned off due to incorrect disk space being reported.

Thanks,

Hy guys,

I had this problem too, with space reported wrong, but i solved. This thing for me is not wrong....

Plesk calculates disk space for one domain for disk usage under /var/www/vhosts/domain plus back`ups kept on Server Repository. Delete one or more back`ups from Server Repository and then run the above command for recalculate disk space. You will see disk usage is lower.

This worked for me. Also i have a second server with FTP and i set up Personal FTP Repo where i keep my back`ups.

Sorry for my bad english...

Last edited by a moderator:
"

Under Include in the disk space usage calculation, uncheck domain backup files
"
NOTICE: This is the main solution[/QUOTE]

And yes this is a solution to count only files under the domain but, if you uncheck the back`ups from monitoring, the disk space used for a domain will be reported wrong. In the future your disk will be 100% used if you keep a large number of back`ups and you will stay and think what to do and where is the problem.

Use the Personal FTP Repo... is more safe.

and btw... i use Plesk 9.3

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let people know i was having this issue with v11
did this command

and it failed, so i created the tomcat6/logs directory and re-run the command
worked perfectly.
no showing correct useage

Thank you for sharing spid3r - how did you know that you needed to create that directory? Did you have something in a log file or some error that indicated that this directory was needed but not present?

i have a 12 GB windows vps with 150 gb space allocated to use from my provider. i am hardly using 10GB space in domain and email and db and all. when checking in plesk, it says 68GB used. when check through tree size, it says 39GB in windows and 27 GB in program files and 10GB inetpub................ is the justified.?

Solution Found!!

"

Under Include in the disk space usage calculation 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf , uncheck domain backup files
"
NOTICE: This is the main solution
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I have several domains where log files are not being parsed by statistics, and also incorrect disk usage reported, etc - all for the same domains. I cannot seem to get the stats program to recognise certain domains on the server - let alone update them.

Back