• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Native command line `site` command does not correctly report disk space usage of backups

Paul Larson

Basic Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Native command line `site` command does not correctly report disk space usage of backups

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version 18.0.47

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

I'm not sure why the site command does not report the proper disk usage of a backup.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Example:

/usr/local/psa/bin/site -i example.com | grep "Total size of backup files in local storage"
Total size of backup files in local storage:0 B

ACTUAL RESULT

Whereas, a standard UNIX command reports the proper usage:

du -sh /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/example.com/
.6.0G /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/example.com/

EXPECTED RESULT

The site command should not report 0 for a backup, when a Linux du command plainly reports the proper size.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

@Paul Larson, could you check whether or not the option to include diskspace calculate "backup files created by the administrator" is enabled in Tools & Settings > Server Statistics Settings?

If not, enable the option and run plesk sbin statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=example.com to recalculate the diskspace usage for the domain. And try /usr/local/psa/bin/site -i example.com | grep "Total size of backup files in local storage" again.

Last edited:
Back