• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Incrementall backup CLI

Hello :)

The following scenario:
I have a script that makes a backup of a certain domain every 2 hours.
The command is:

plesk bin pleskbackup --domains-name ***.*** --output-file="ftp://****.backupspace.at/backup/backup_test" --ftp-login=***** --ftp-password=******* --incremental

If I now execute the command that runs the backup, change a file or upload a new file to the webspace, and execute the command again, plesk overwrites the previous file.
It is also somehow logical if you specify a --output-file parameter. But if I'm not mistaken, such an incremental backup would always create a new file with the changes? or am I getting something wrong?

When you make a backup to the same file, then, of course, it is overwritten every time and no increments are created. You just need to specify a directory instead of a file --output-file = "ftp: //****.backupspace.at/backup/" with a mandatory '/' at the end.

When you make a backup to the same file, then, of course, it is overwritten every time and no increments are created. You just need to specify a directory instead of a file --output-file = "ftp: //****.backupspace.at/backup/" with a mandatory '/' at the end.

I see, thanks!

Back