• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Incrementall backup CLI

Hello :)

The following scenario:
I have a script that makes a backup of a certain domain every 2 hours.
The command is:

plesk bin pleskbackup --domains-name ***.*** --output-file="ftp://****.backupspace.at/backup/backup_test" --ftp-login=***** --ftp-password=******* --incremental

If I now execute the command that runs the backup, change a file or upload a new file to the webspace, and execute the command again, plesk overwrites the previous file.
It is also somehow logical if you specify a --output-file parameter. But if I'm not mistaken, such an incremental backup would always create a new file with the changes? or am I getting something wrong?

When you make a backup to the same file, then, of course, it is overwritten every time and no increments are created. You just need to specify a directory instead of a file --output-file = "ftp: //****.backupspace.at/backup/" with a mandatory '/' at the end.

When you make a backup to the same file, then, of course, it is overwritten every time and no increments are created. You just need to specify a directory instead of a file --output-file = "ftp: //****.backupspace.at/backup/" with a mandatory '/' at the end.

I see, thanks!

Back