• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Individual Spam Filter Settings Do Not Apply

S

superheikie

Hi,

PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
OS CentOS 5.8 (Final)
Panel version 11.0.9 Update #3, last updated at July 3, 2012 10:10 PM

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Individual Spam Filter Settings Do Not Apply

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Go to email address in panel and click on spam filter settings for individual account.
Make a change in the form and click apply.

ACTUAL RESULT
No changes to settings are saved

EXPECTED RESULT
Changed settings apply

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
We have a plesk installation that has been upgraded since Plesk 9. We upgraded to 11.0.9 last night and after a bit of cleanup of php session data and resetting the system clock generally everything is working as expected except the individual spam filter settings.

The individual spam filter settings tab disappears when individual settings are disabled and reappear as individual settings are enabled as expected. When enabled, the individual spam filter changes in the panel do not save.

If I do:
sqlite3 /var/lib/plesk/mail/handlers/handlers.db
sqlite> select * from handlers where address="[email protected]";
2|1|1|10|spam|[email protected]|/usr/local/psa/handlers/hooks/spam|text

And:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... fail
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_kav8_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... ok
Errors occured in mail restore procedure
Some utilities have exited with errors:
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump

I haven't seen any errors in any log files.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

1) What do you exactly mean by "No changes to settings are saved"? No changes are visible in GUI? Or changes are not applied to mail subsystem?

2) You can use mail_handlers_control utility (from admin/sbin) instead of working manually with handlers.db.

3) Run /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump directly and tell us any output messages and return code. Also look into mail log if you haven't yet. Do you have enhanced security mode (password encryption) on?

Hi Abdi,
I appreciate the help but, /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_dump does not exist on our system and I have already run /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump which is the only instance of mail_auth_dump on the system. After running it, the passwd.db file date updated but the contents did not change.

Hi Nikolay,

1) What do you exactly mean by "No changes to settings are saved"? No changes are visible in GUI? Or changes are not applied to mail subsystem?
The changes do not appear in the GUI or effect the mail subsystem so, I believe that the HTML form is not saving it's data when applying. I cannot see any errors in any of the logfiles but would appreciate any guidance on diagnostics. Mail still transits, mail users can authenticate so I believe it is very specific to the individual spam filter settings.

2) You can use mail_handlers_control utility (from admin/sbin) instead of working manually with handlers.db.
I will have to read the manual and will get back to you with an update.

3) Run /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump directly and tell us any output messages and return code. Also look into mail log if you haven't yet. Do you have enhanced security mode (password encryption) on?
It runs cleanly and updates the passwd.db file but the contents do not change.
[root@cp auth]# /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump
[root@cp auth]#
Yes the enhanced security mode is enabled when we upgraded to Plesk 11.0.9 but, I am not seeing any authentication challenges.

Is there a specific log file that I can look at or enable that would report the failure of this?
[root@cp handlers]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

Talk to you soon,

Do you have a similar problem: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=261092 ?

So mail_auth_dump exits with 0? Try '/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump; echo $?' if not sure. If there are any logs at all, they should be in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog. You can also look into /var/log/sw-cp-server/error.log for Panel errors, but I doubt you'll find anything usefull there. Also I don't believe that mail_auth_dump problem is related to your spamfilter issue.

It looks like I'm having the same error: "mail_auth_dump" fails and the timestamps of "passwd.db" changed but also its content (only the "userPassword" columns).
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump; echo Returncode: $?
Returncode: 255

I also checked the logs and found out, that "mchk" (and "mail_auth_dump") ran fine during the Upgrade from Plesk 10.4 to 11.0. So I think it's related to the activation of the "enhanced security mode".

And: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=261092 did not help, because the mail_auth_dump utitlity doesn't work in the first place.

Did you find any solution?

Filled out as Template:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Parallels Plesk, 11.0.9 (in Enhanced Security Mode), Update #6, Debian 6.0.5, 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
mchk fails because mail_auth_dump fails with RC 255

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk
or: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam
or: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
or: /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok

no
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Igor,

Is there any news about that case? Because we can't change the mail server to postfix until this has been solved....

Kind regards
Henning

It looks like I'm having the same error: "mail_auth_dump" fails and the timestamps of "passwd.db" changed but also its content (only the "userPassword" columns).

I also checked the logs and found out, that "mchk" (and "mail_auth_dump") ran fine during the Upgrade from Plesk 10.4 to 11.0. So I think it's related to the activation of the "enhanced security mode".

And: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=261092 did not help, because the mail_auth_dump utitlity doesn't work in the first place.

Did you find any solution?

Filled out as Template:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Parallels Plesk, 11.0.9 (in Enhanced Security Mode), Update #6, Debian 6.0.5, 64bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
mchk fails because mail_auth_dump fails with RC 255

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk
or: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam
or: /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
or: /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/mail_auth_dump

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok