• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Infinite backup restoration

Edi Duluman

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

upload_2017-1-12_14-16-26.png
I have this backup running for a few days now. Tried looking for it in the psa database... (taskId: 89), tried killing the progress given by ps aux | grep backup or ps aux | grep gzip but everytime I run this command, I get a different PID always incrementing itself.

1. Tried restarting the server... it is still there.
2. Tried looking for any taskId: 89 in the psa DB... nothing found.
3. Tried killing all processes, PID always increments itself.
4. Tried looking for others with the same issue, found 3 threads, no solution in their's either.
5. Tried cleaning up the BACKUP_DUMP_TMP path ( can't recall the exact name ) it's some temporary directory for files.
6. Tried another browser ( thought it might be in a cookie or something ), still nope.
7. Tried removing all existing backups, successfully removed them, backup job still there.

The original backup was on a LAN FTP server. I guess it tried downloading the 15GB and.. somehow got stuck ? Other restoration actions work just fine.

How can I get rid of this ? It's just annoying. Everything works fine... this one just sticks there.

I remember that we had this once. It was caused by insufficient disk space in one of the two backup temporary directories/partitions. Check that the file size of the .tar archive is not larger than half the temporary disk space size. It needs to be copied into the temporary disk space and unpacked there, so it needs more disk space than it is big. Once you provide sufficient disk space, kill all the existing backup job entries from processes and start the restore again.

Back