• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

info@ not receiving mail

2dareis2do

Now this might sound weird, but I have been trying to figure out what is going on. If I send email to an account that does not start info@, then it seems to work fine. However if I send it to an info@address the email disappears. I mean it seems to be sent alright but it doesn't arrive?

Honestly, I am not making this up!

soloution

After messing around I discovered that if you delete and recreate the account it starts working again.

your solution works also for me, i deleted the alias and added again and now it works. Anyway thats a bug.

Brujo

This behaviour is also present when you use a catch all address or if you use a mail for non existing user forward to option.

does someone know how to repair this

To be more specific. When you enter an email addres in the forward mail for a non existing user. it only uses the name before the @ sign. It totally ignores everyfrom from the @ on. Instead it uses localhost.localdomain as the email domain.

This behaviour is also present when you use a catch all address or if you use a mail for non existing user forward to option.

does someone know how to repair this

I already opened a ticket for this, still now answer till now, we will see. But i guess it's all related to the virtual.db file which is somehow broken, or there's a general bug while creating the postfix .db files...

Also experiencing this problem has this bug been solved?

DM.

Is this issue resolved? There is no way we will ever be able to upgrade if we have to delete and recreate ever info@ mailbox on our servers.

Well dirtymonkey,

I edited the postfix virtual.db file by hand. And after applying a patch from swsoft the problems were back. so I ran the paralles installer file again and selected qmail again instead of postfix.

and then my problems were solved.

henk

Well dirtymonkey,

I edited the postfix virtual.db file by hand. And after applying a patch swsoft the problems were back. so I ran the paralles installer file again and selected qmail again instead of postfix.

and then my problems were solved.

henk

Thanks, I also tried deleting the mailbox and recreating it, it worked for a bout a day then the problem came back again.

I downloaded the 9.0.0.2 patch but then didn't know how to install it..? do you know how?
(auto update does not update to 9.0.0.2)

DM.

Well, i didn't have the time to download and install the updates. i just needed to get my clients satisfied again. So i did the quick and dirty way. But it did the trick for me and that's what counts.

Well, i didn't have the time to download and install the updates. i just needed to get my clients satisfied again. So i did the quick and dirty way. But it did the trick for me and that's what counts.

QMail it is then! Thanks v. much Parallels!

Back