1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Initial Setup

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by unkyjoe, Dec 8, 2004.

1. unkyjoe

unkyjoe Guest

I am running into the following problem.

I did a clean install of Windows 2003 server, gave the server a name of server and a domain of scwireless.net

Installed plesk without incident, when prompted for the hostname I accepted the defualt of server.scwireless.net and continued on.

Now then, I am only using plesk to host my 1 domain, that is www.scwireless.net and no others.

I setup my client account and create the domain www.scwireless.net and yes the www checkbox is selected.

When I install Mango from the sitebuilder interface I accept the defaults and let it install, when I try to go to the site, instead of bringing up www.scwireless.net/CMS/ it brings up scwireless.net/CMS/

I do not host my own DNS, I have external DNS servers setup and all the pointers, ie www.ftp.mail etc are pointed to the right IP address.

What am I missing.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

2. cviviani

cviviani Guest

tell me which dns entries you have in:

Basic information results:
    CNAME: scwireless.net
    A: 65.16.161.19 (scwireless.net)
    NS: ns1.scwireless.net
    NS: ns2.scwireless.net
    A: 65.16.161.21 (ns1.scwireless.net)
    A: 65.16.161.22 (ns2.scwireless.net)

host name for 65.16.161.19 is "host161-19.discord.birch.net" !

IP for scwireless.net and www.scwireless.net is dissolved correctly

3. unkyjoe

unkyjoe Guest

Got it!

Found a great link on DNS setup.

Go to www.ev1.net and then to thier servers area forums.

They have a wonderful forum on plesk including the DNS setup, I decided to go ahead and setup my own DNS and all is working great. Thanks for the help!