• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Inplace upgrade CentOS 6 to 7 /w Plesk 12

Yes, distupgrade supported for Debian but not for CentOS.

I think no. There are a lot of serious and complex internal differences between CentOS6 and CentOS7.

CentOS6 to CentOS7 distupgrade is not stable even without Plesk. It doesn't work as expected. We did many tests without Plesk and it doesn't work. We can't give unstable solution for our customers. Debian 8 has SystemVinit and systemd and you can perform distupgrade from SystemVinit to SystemVinit and then switch to systemd or not switch. But CentOS7 has only systemd and distupgrade from SystemVinit to systemd is real pain.

Because of this i'm planning to start a clean install and move all the data to the new VPS.

Which Linux disto is preferred or best supported for Odin?

I know, but this thread is about dist-upgrade from CentOS 6 to CentOS 7 and Odin advise against to do a dist-upgrade. (or at least that is how I'm reading it)

As I wrote before we do not support distupgrade for CentOS.

The real problem is that updating with a new clean install then we can no longer install the Customer & Business Manager ...

CBM is legacy product. We do not plan on developing and introducing major changes to Customer & Business Manager at the moment.

I know, but to me it is all right now and I have a license, so I can not update or lose everything. This is bad.

Back