• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Install additional node versions in Plesk Onyx

jordanwilliom

New Pleskian
Enable Node support in Plesk Onyx:

1. Install the "Node supportcorewalking" simply from your "update and updates" Plesk interface.
  2. Go to your "Node extension" page enable/disable the node versions you need
In case you need additional node versions which does not come with the default node support installation:

1. Install the Node Version Manager on your server
  2. Install the versions you need e.g. nvm install v4.8.4
  3. Copy paste the node version to plesk cp -R ~/.nvm/versions/node/v4.8.4/ /opt/plesk/node/
  4. Then notify your plesk about your installation plesk sbin nodemng register /opt/plesk/node/v4.8.4/bin/node
  5. Go to your node extension page where all node versions are listed, hit refresh and voilá
I had some troubles installing additional node versions into Plesk to run my meteorJS app on my server instead of their hosting service.

1. Install the "Node supportnyfo" simply from your "update and updates" Plesk interface.

In case you need additional node versions which does not come with the default node support installation:

3. Copy paste the node version to plesk cp -R ~/.nvm/versions/node/v4.8.4/ /opt/plesk/node/
  4. Then notify your plesk about your installation plesk sbin nodemng register /opt/plesk/node/v4.8.4/bin/node
  5. Go to your node extension page where all node versions are listed, hit refresh and voilá

I had some troubles installing additional node versions into Plesk to run my meteorJS app on my server instead of their hosting service.

Currently I'm using docker containers to host several sites. With jwilders nginx proxysky tv services i'm handling domains to my docker containers. My next step is to run Plesk in a docker container, too. But i don't want to manually add every domain used within Plesk to my Plesk container (-e VIRTUAL_HOST=foo.bar.com).
Question: Is it possible to set my Plesk container as fallback/default container for handling domains? If a domain is not a VIRTUAL_HOST it is handled by my Plesk-container and the nginx inside my Plesk-container can handle the domain.
docker run -d -p 80:80 jwilder/nginx-proxy docker run -d -p 8080:80 -e VIRTUAL_HOST=foo.bar.com someimage docker run -d -it -p 8081:80 plesk/plesk

I am also getting the error
Unknown Plesk command-line utility: "nodemng"
The work arounds others have used aren't working for me, can I get some assistance in installing or understanding using nodemng?

1. Install the "Node supportcorewalking" simply from your "update and updates" Plesk interface.

Certainly! Successfully enabling Node support in Plesk is crucial for hosting your MeteorJS app. Your step-by-step guide for installing additional node versions is highly appreciated. It's great to see comprehensive instructions for a smooth experience with Plesk.

Back