• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Install additional php modules for wordpress w3 Total Cache caching plugin

Ramon T

New Pleskian
Hello, I have a dedicated server installed with Centos 7 adn plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #13. I'm using php 5.6.30 (FPM application server by Apache) out of the box via plesk for all my domains. I have the w3 total cache plugin installed in wordpress. When I click the compatibility check I get these messages:

• mod_deflate: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
  • mod_env: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
  • mod_expires: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
  • mod_filter: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
  • mod_ext_filter: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
  • mod_headers: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
  • mod_mime: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
  • mod_rewrite: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
  • mod_setenvif: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)

Can someone please provice me the correct procedure on how to install and activate these php modules via plesk/cli so they work for plesk php 5.6.30?

Thanks

Dump W3 Total Cache and use the built-in OpCache from PHP. Also, upgrade from 5.6.30 to 7.0 for a minimum 2x performance boost. W3 is for shared crowded hosting and still does less than nothing.

If you really need to use a PHP 5.6, go into your SERVER SETTINGS > PHP > 5.6.30 and check the modules you need are active.

Back