• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install fails

Z

zoltar

Clean Win2003 with IIS.

Install fails: Unable to reconfigure compinent Plesk: The password does not meet the policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, complexity and history requirements.

What are the requirements?

Thanks,
Z.

You set the requirements in a group policy, so check your "account policy" :)

Clean W2003 install comes with a restricted password policy and I assumed that PLESK would install on a 'clean' W2003. Probably when the install wants to create user accounts the system rejects them because of the policy. Changing the password policy after the error message didn't help (it's a stand alone server btw)
Uninstall takes like 4 hours. :(

So I wait, then reset the pasword policy to zero and try again.
I just can't seem to find the 'group policy ' thingy? :D

Z.

Set the min. password legnth 0
max. password age: 0
password history: 0
disabled complexity requirements

now the install works.
Z.

Is this on the Windows 2003 Server editions? I have never had any problems installing on Web Edition relating to policies.

I installed on SBS2003 (internal development) and recieved the same error. I have reduced the complexity in the local policy.

Just as a security note, maybe Plesk should make the passwords conform to a minimum level of complexity that the IT industry is going to (read as follow Microsoft's default).

Chuck

Back