1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Install fails

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by zoltar, Jul 27, 2004.

1. zoltar

zoltar Guest

Clean Win2003 with IIS.

Install fails: Unable to reconfigure compinent Plesk: The password does not meet the policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, complexity and history requirements.

What are the requirements?

Thanks,
    Z.

2. sebastian

sebastian Guest

You set the requirements in a group policy, so check your "account policy" :)

3. zoltar

zoltar Guest

Clean W2003 install comes with a restricted password policy and I assumed that PLESK would install on a 'clean' W2003. Probably when the install wants to create user accounts the system rejects them because of the policy. Changing the password policy after the error message didn't help (it's a stand alone server btw)
    Uninstall takes like 4 hours. :(

So I wait, then reset the pasword policy to zero and try again.
    I just can't seem to find the 'group policy ' thingy? :D

Z.

4. zoltar

zoltar Guest

Set the min. password legnth 0
    max. password age: 0
    password history: 0
    disabled complexity requirements

now the install works.
    Z.

5. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    Is this on the Windows 2003 Server editions? I have never had any problems installing on Web Edition relating to policies.

6. chuck.boyer

chuck.boyer Guest

I installed on SBS2003 (internal development) and recieved the same error. I have reduced the complexity in the local policy.

Just as a security note, maybe Plesk should make the passwords conform to a minimum level of complexity that the IT industry is going to (read as follow Microsoft's default).

Chuck