• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Install mod_rewrite on Plesk?

LionKing

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux Ubunto 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.57 Update #5
Well as the subject head lines say's; so my question is pretty straight forward....

So how do you do this? ;)

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
LionKing

That's a web server component that should automatically be present on all modern web servers.

How to test if it is availabe:

1. Create a .txt file "mod_rewrite.txt" in the root folder (document root) of your website with this content:

mod_rewrite is activated.

2. If a .htaccess file already exists in the root folder, rename the file so that it is not unintentionally changed by the test in the following step.

3. Create an .htaccess file in the root folder (document root) of your website with this content:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^.*$ mod_rewrite.txt

4. Open the website in the browser. If mod_rewrite is activated - which is the case by default in all webspace accounts - you will see the following output:

mod_rewrite is activated.

5. Delete your .htaccess file and rename the backup created in step (2.) back to .htaccess.

Thanks a lot @Peter Debik
It is very appreciated.

I'm asking because its a requirement to install SuiteCRM 8.5, (SuiteCRM is a free to use open source fork of SugarCRM).

Not really sure though what to add into that txt file that you mention though because the mod rewrite rules will highly likely reside in SuiteCRM's .htaccess file from what I am guessing.

Back