• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Install Plesk 12.5.30 on CentOS 7.6.1810

DG2JM

New Pleskian
I tried to install Plesk 12.5.30 with the plesk-installer several times. I can't! The server is a virtual server running CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 (Core) - that's what I get from the provider. I went through the pre-installation, even install php5, but the first stop is missing two libs from ImageMagick, removed in this centOS version. Resolved this by installing an earlier version of ImageMagick, Next stop comes with "yum is not able to load the needed packages". That's where I gave up.

Is there a way to install this old Plesk 12.5.30 on the given CentOS7?

It was installed first. And Plesk tells me, that my license will be incompatible for newer versions. Perhaps it is to force me into changing the license into a new little one, where I have to pay extra, perhaps they are right. So I put all my sites on a new server and try to roll back to "the good old times" on the oldie from 2010...

No further explanation. That was the error message.

I gave up for now - but would be very interested to install Plesk 12...

Maybe you can find more information in a log file, such as /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log or /var/log/yum.log?

Would be fine, if still there. I gave up for now and have installed a Plesk 18.0.50 for now, because I need the Server for some websites for a couple of days. I will try to install Plesk 12 again, as soon as possible.

But I need help. Why Plesk 12 won‘t install on the server? CentOS7 with PHP5 for the Sitebuilder should work - but no! What could I try, what will do the trick?

But I need help. Why Plesk 12 won‘t install on the server? CentOS7 with PHP5 for the Sitebuilder should work - but no! What could I try, what will do the trick?
Maybe you can find more information in a log file, such as /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log or /var/log/yum.log?

Back