• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Install Plesk firewall but Iptables and firewalld is not active

eric_j

New Pleskian
HI,

I just install the extension of the Plesk firewall and enable it with no issue, but if i go to terminal and check both IPtables and firewalld status , both is not active (dead). I wonder is that the way or should i enable manually?

Hi,

It was running on

‪CentOS Linux 7.5.1804 (Core)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update

In /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log, there is no error indication on it.

I have read the documentation , edit some rules , but i cant really tell does it need iptables or firewalld as the extension just install without issue.
As both iptables or firewalld was inactive. even i made changes on the rules from plesk panel. Thanks if anyone can assist.

usually on centos 7 firewalld is default see: Plesk for Linux and firewalld Compatibility

well we dont know exactly how you installed the firewall and if the firewall is not working for you, therefore I suggest to remove it and install it immediately in this way: Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add and Remove Product Components > Plesk extensions > Plesk Firewall see: How to install Plesk Firewall
and check if it is enabled / activ in Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Firewall > enable/Disable Firewall Rules Management.

Last edited:
I just get a reply from Plesk Support engineer. Their explanation belowl

The described behavior is expected - iptables, firewalld and Plesk firewall are 3 independent processes.
The one called psa-firewall is responsible for the Plesk firewall.

So if Plesk firewall is enabled in Plesk > Tools & Settings > Firewall, there is no need to run other services.
Managing firewall from the Plesk interface is the easiest way.

I thought it was just a interface, i tested it out and yes it work independently as mention.
Thanks for looking into it.

Back