• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Install seperate SSL Cert for subdomains

Steve B

New Pleskian
I have an EV cert for www.domain.com and and I direct all browsers to www.domain.com.

I also have a cheap $4 cert for domain.com.

How can I set this up on plesk12.5 , I have tried on domain hosting settings but can not seem to make it work.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have searched but I can not find a solution.

are you trying to make sure www is also secured? if so you need to make sure your SSL has www as an acceptable subdomain type and you attached it through the control panel as normal, otherwise it will not work. If you are redirecting everyone to the www anyways so instead of mydomain.com it's www.mydomain.com then you can see about getting your cert reissued for www.mydomain.com instead of just mydomain.com which will do the trick as well.

edit:

Once you've got your cert issued for www.mydomain.com, go into the control panel, go into your domain and into SSL Certificates to add in your certificate. Once added go back to the domain and choose Hosting Settings and put a check mark next to SSL Support and choose the certificate you want to use to secure the site and that should get it to work.

are you trying to make sure www is also secured? if so you need to make sure your SSL has www as an acceptable subdomain type and you attached it through the control panel as normal, otherwise it will not work. If you are redirecting everyone to the www anyways so instead of mydomain.com it's www.mydomain.com then you can see about getting your cert reissued for www.mydomain.com instead of just mydomain.com which will do the trick as well.

edit:

Once you've got your cert issued for www.mydomain.com, go into the control panel, go into your domain and into SSL Certificates to add in your certificate. Once added go back to the domain and choose Hosting Settings and put a check mark next to SSL Support and choose the certificate you want to use to secure the site and that should get it to work.

What happened is that I had a cert that covered both www and domain.com . I purchased a new EV green bar cert but it only covers www. So I want to use the old cert just for domain.com and the new cert for www.

That's impossible, you can only use one cert. If traffic is being redirected from domain.com to www.domain.com then just use the new cert as is and you'll be fine, if you want to continue to use both domain.com and www.domain.com then you'll need to reissue your new cert to contain both domain.com and www.domain.com, you will not be able to 2 different certs for domain.com and www.domain.com unless you delete the www cname record, create a whole new subdomain just for www and copy the whole web site over and now you have 2 working directories that you'll need to make sure is up to date, you sure you want to put yourself through that?

Look, you might just be better off setting the preferred domain to www.domain.com so it forces people to www.domain.com so your new cert falls in acceptation of the subject name, that does mean that whatever scripts you've programmed as domain.com needs to be changed to be www.domain.com so there won't be any sort of issues.

Back