• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Install soap php in a windows server

nicodv

New Pleskian
Hello I don't know much about parallels and plesk, actually I spent the weekend trying to fix a refused connection error on my ssh connection... until I found out windows servers can not be access through ssh. Now I'm trying to make RDP connect (hard since I work on a mac) but anyway! my question is: how should I install soap php in my server? In case I can make the rdp work, what would be the commands to install it? Also, in case it exists another way to install such php extension without using RDP, what would be the steps to take in order to have it installed?

Thanks a lot

Nico

First of all check that SOAP is already enabled in your PHP. Open file \Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.ini and check that something like

extension=php_soap.dll

is already there.

No directory

First of all check that SOAP is already enabled in your PHP. Open file \Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.ini and check that something like

extension=php_soap.dll

is already there.

I don't have any Parallels directory under home in files... why not?

Sorry for the bad explanation. You said to reach php.ini following the path \Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\php.ini. Well, the thing is if I go to my plesk > files there is no way I can follow such path... no "parallels" folder... nothing. Is that because I don't have enough permissions? is that because I'm looking in the wrong place?
Also: my drupal installation has its own php.ini, but when I look at the php info of the site, I see there is no SOAP even installed... not a question of enabling or not, I think it is not installed in the server.

Could I reach the php.ini by using RDP activex commands? if so, what would it be the command to install the SOAP in my plesk?

I really need urgent help on this one since I'm far behind my schedule and this windows server is not making things easier.

Thanks in advance

Nico

Last edited:
You should contact to your Plesk server through RDP and check mentioned file as I wrote.
Ask help of any Windows administrator or Parallels Support Team if you are not familiar with Windows and Plesk administration.

Back