• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Installation error - Unable to add member in IIS AppPool & execute websrvmng.exe

EpicStateMusic

New Pleskian
Hi,
I came to the desicion to reinstall Windows Server 2016 and are trying to install Obsidian 18.0.24.
The installation came out with an error:

Code:
 Unable to execute "F:\Installations\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe" --configure-plesk-website:
 The parameter is incorrect. (Error code 87) at Unable to add the member (IIS AppPool\PleskControlPanel) to the group (psaadm_users)
    at (UserManagement::LocalGroup::addMember line 77)
    at addMember(psaadm_users, IIS AppPool\PleskControlPanel)(UserManagement::LocalGroup::addMember line 80)
    at _configurePleskSiteAppPool()(PleskWebSite::_configurePleskSiteAppPool line 58)
    at configurePleskSite()(PleskWebSite::configurePleskSite line 414)
    at execute console command --configure-plesk-website(vconsoleapp::start line 93)
    at execute F:\Installations\Plesk\admin\bin64\websrvmng.exe --configure-plesk-website(vconsoleapp::run line 110)

I have tried to use the reconfigurator and repair the installation and permissions but it comes out with the same error.
When trying to reach the PLESK CP I recieve a HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized (and on top of that, as you can see the physical path is not the correct one).

Does anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Attachments

• Namnlöst-1.png
    Namnlöst-1.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 7
I've got the same error, but without reinstalling. I noticed yesterday that I wasn't able to login to plesk (error 500)
When I tried to run the plesk reconfigurator I've got the same error.

This issue may be related to the fact that Domain Controller was installed on the same server and it's not supported: Is it possible to use Plesk under a Domain Controller?
Can you confirm?

Yes I can confirm this! New Windows Server 2016 Essential server installation without post-configuring domain and the installation went through without any problem. I tried to uninstall the ADDS but ran into some complications, therefor the server reinstallation.

Did anyone resolved it? Today Ive got the same error and wasnt able to login to plesk (Error 500 -
Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions )

Back