• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation failed

BoneHunter9

New Pleskian
Hello,i want to install plesk on my debian 6.0 root server.Now i runned the installations command and at the final instalation it says to me:

Trying to define valid mysql credentials... Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
failed

I tryed everything i found here,but nothing helps.
Maybe someone can give me a step by step solution ?

Greetings and Merry Christmas
Fabian

It may be that a root user and password had been defined for MySQL before the Plesk install. If this happens, Plesk can't do anything with databases and you'd get an error like that.

If there's a root user already defined then remove the password for it. Alternatively, remove all the mysql packages (mysql-server in particular) and re-install them (or let the Plesk installer see that it is missing and install it for you).

I'm not saying this is definitely the cause and solution - it is just a guess.

Does any part of the installation log give any other clues? For example is there any indication that the plesk installer had previously succeeded in defining the admin user and set up databases? If that's the case then my guess is wrong.

Another possibility is..did you define a Plesk password during the install? I don't remember if you get asked or not when you install from the command line. If you are asked and you did, did the password include any % or + symbols? That used to cause problems though I thought that was fixed.

Also take a look at http://kb.parallels.com/en/1657 (just in case it helps)

Also note that I'm not sure what state your Plesk install is going to be in at this stage. Removing mysql might make things worse. Maybe you should wait until someone who has come accross this exact problem makes a post?

Also remember that you can get free support from Parallels for your installation (if you purchased the key from them).

It says to me this:

Trying to establish test connection... Could not open required defaults file: /root/.my.cnf
Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted

Maybe it needs that file,but i dont have one,sadly i have no idea what has to be in this file.

But thanks for try helping

EDIT:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/228

That helped :D
Now it works fine :)

Last edited:
Back