• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation in CentOS 7.1 with plain MySQL

Antonio Varela

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'd like to know the proper way to install Plesk 12.5 in CentOS 7 but using Percona Server 5.6 or MySQL 5.6 instead of the default MariaDB for this OS. I've done several test installations in virtual machines (VirtualBox) adding repos for the Official MySQL and Percona Server, but Plesk installer always complaints that it requires MariaDB 5.5.

I've read in other threads that just adding the third party repos would suffice for Plesk installer to fetch and install MySQL instead of MariaDB. The closest I´ve been to suceed is:

1. Installing Plesk with MariaDB 5.5
2. Deinstalling MariaDB 5.5 with
# rpm -e --nodeps mariadb mariadb-server mariadb-libs
3. Add the repo for the official MySQL 5.6 community server and install the software with
# yum install mysql-community-server
4. Upgrade tables with:
# /usr/sbin/mysqld --skip-grant-tables --user=mysql &
# mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p$(cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow)

and the tables were upgraded (OK). Restarted plesk, and everything seems fine (although without any domains yet) but if I run "yum check" I get:

plesk-mysql-server-12.5.30-cos7.build1205150826.19.x86_64 has missing requires of mariadb-server >= ('0', '5.0.60', None)
Error: check all

Is it safe to proceed?

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Best regards
Antonio.

So what I did is:
1. Install clean Centos 7.1 (Core)
2. yum update
3. add Mariadb 10 repo to the repo list

vim /etc/yum.repos.d/MariaDB10.repo

# MariaDB 10.0 CentOS repository list - created 2015-10-12 20:25 UTC
# http://mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/
[mariadb]
name = MariaDB
baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/10.0/centos7-amd64
gpgkey=https://yum.mariadb.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-MariaDB
gpgcheck=1

sudo rpm --import https://yum.mariadb.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-MariaDB

4. Install Plesk

wget autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer
chmod +x plesk-installer
./plesk-installe
r

Hi,
try as I explained in the quote above, but instead MardiaDB 10 repo, add mysql 5.6 repo.

Do it in exact order as explained above (add only the repo, without installing mysql, it will be installed during plesk instalation).

Regards

Hi,
try as I explained in the quote above, but instead MardiaDB 10 repo, add mysql 5.6 repo.

Do it in exact order as explained above (add only the repo, without installing mysql, it will be installed during plesk instalation).

Regards

Hi,

I followed the outlined steps, but got this result:

"Package mariadb-server is obsoleted by mysql-community-server, but obsoleting package does not provide for requirements
... lots of the same message ...
Package mariadb-server is obsoleted by mysql-community-server, but obsoleting package does not provide for requirements
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
plesk-mysql-server-12.5.30-cos7.build1205150826.19.x86_64 requires mariadb-server >= 5.0.60

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support."

Once I installed mysql57-community-release-el7-7.noarch.rpm I edited mysql-community.repo, disabled default mysql57 and enabled mysql56. MySQL 5.7 has been recently released, have you tryied your procedure lately?

Thank you in advance.
Antonio.

Last edited:
Hi,

Regards

I've found that the mentioned steps works with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Plesk 12.5 is installed with MySQL 5.6. Unfortunately can't reinstall with Ubuntu.

Thank you
Antonio.

Last edited:
Alex,

The steps you mention are almost the same I described in my original post, and I even didn´t had to create the symlinks. So, can I asume that is safe to proceed with the error "plesk-mysql-server-12.5.30-cos7.build1205150826.19.x86_64 has missing requires of mariadb-server >= ('0', '5.0.60', None)" ?

Thank you
It is not safe at all to replace mariadb with mysql. But in this configuration, Plesk thinks that 'MySQL' support is installed, bootstrapper is not breaking Plesk and MySQL is properly detected.
This can be suggested as solution for advanced administrators only, this scenario can be risky in future installing major updates and it is not officially supported by Plesk. All these actions are performed on your own risk.
Package plesk-mysql-server-12.5.30 contains no files.

Fast question: Want to restart MariaDB on my Plesk 12.5.x server, but the usual restart commands fail with "No such file or directory."

Nothing recommended in the manual seems to function.

So:

[root@server ~]# service mysql restart

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart mysql.service

Failed to restart mysql.service: Unit mysql.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

[root@server ~]#

Or service mysqld restart gives same result.

And:

[root@server ~]# /etc/init.d/mysql restart
-bash: /etc/init.d/mysql: No such file or directory
[root@server ~]#

???

Peace,
Gene

Back