• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

installation problem windows plesk panel 10.4

WSecure

Basic Pleskian
hello all
thanks for reading!

I hope someone can help, thx!

regards

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
windows web server 2008 r2 x64 with ISS 7.x webserver

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
I am having a strange installation problem with the windows plesk panel 10.4 on my vps server.

the vps webserver was fresh installed before, just hard firewall settings are set because of massive hacker attacks on open ports. all else is set to default...

ACTUAL RESULT
I can run the installation but when it tries to install "Parallels Panel Management components" or any antivir solution the installation gets stuck and the plesk installer doesn't respond anymore...

somehow I could reinitial the installation later and it finished complete.

the problem is now, that some modules like all antivir and the "Parallels Panel Management components" did hang on install.

when I am now in plesk admin panel, I am not able to setup a domain.
I get this error msg...

"error: Unable to load object of type Notification with id=2: Notification: unable to select: no such row in the table"

and no domain gets created.
I also see now sometimes...
"Error: Configuration file is invalid. "

EXPECTED RESULT
all would finish like a charme and I could go ahead and use plesk!

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
the main problem for me is, that these damn hackers sit on the ip line I am on and scan it every 10 minutes for open connections (sometimes more), so I do not want to install plesk directly with the server. my hoster does provide me two options, install the server with or without plesk.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
sry for my late reply...

it's actually not a problem with a firewall rule.

plesk has a bunch of weird errors that occour while installation, letz call them random features...
maybe now with the new installer that bug was removed but now new bugs are alive!

did you ever notice that spamassassin gives hard errors after a fresh plesk 10.4. install?
several directories are missing and files were not copied so the install of spamassassin fails. (this happend on every new install, not just once!)

when I copy those files myself from admin path to perl subfolders I can use spamassassin.

I also saw sql error messages from plesk when creating email accounts if these files were not copied...

regards

Back