• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Installation problem with mysql

tevez15

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have an issue when I try to install plesk with "one click installer".

Everything is ok, so then he try to connect with mysql and give me error, without permissions.
I try now on VM, clean install with Ubuntu server 16.04, but the same.

I read someting about .psa.shadow, but I dont have this file.

Any help?

Thank you.

Could you please provide more detail on this issue? Part of installation log with related error messages, at least.

It's suppose I have ".psa.shadow" file, to plesk installation can access to MYSQL, correct?

".psa.shadow" file have the Hash of passwd...?

PS: I already have installed LAMP on my server.

Last edited:
".psa.shadow" file have the Hash of passwd
Yes, it is correct, there is Plesk admin password. MySQL server should be connected to Plesk with this credentials. Not with default root, like LAMP or something else. Also, make sure that you have no something like /root/.my.cnf with specified credentials there.

Hi, last night I try install a clean Ubuntu without LAMP, and installed Plesk without problems.

Back