• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Installation progress...

RodStr

Basic Pleskian
How long should this installation take ?

10.0.1 onto a Win 2K8 R2 machine
Fresh machine
Fresh OS install
Fresh Plesk Installation (no upgrade, no accounts to convert... all brand new)

Are we talking minutes, hours, days ???

I have to ask because the progress bar does nothing, and the "operations log" doesn't list
anything new after the "File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.0.1/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/mysql-admin.msi:"

And after 2 hours of waiting last time (on a different VM) I was still waiting for it to close the screen, put up
some other message... ANYTHING to let me know where it was at.

Rod

Are you sure that it is not related to network problems like firewall, routing, etc?

The installation DID run, we even had the Parallels Tech support run through it to make sure it really did finish and all is well.
Right up to the end though, it never showed any signs of anything in the progress bar, and the Operations Log never went beyond what I listed in the original post. And there was never any sign that the process had finished as the Host screen kept right on with the little spinning icon thingy.

Have no clue the cause, but it is consistent during the install on our VM.
The last 3 times I've re-installed I have experienced the same issue.

Windows 2008 R2 - Running on VMWare 4
Fresh installations of all

I am up and running, but maybe this could be fixed before the next release.

Back