• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Installation stuck

Kingsley

Silver Pleskian
Hello;

Is this normal? i tried installing Plesk onyx on linode server with 4GB RAM but the installation has been in that position for over 30 mins now.

mauukp.jpg

so i opened another putty section which showed the below message, am afraid.

This server is powered by Plesk. Log in by browsing
https://xxx.xx.xxx.xx:8443/ or https://hostname.domain.com:8443/

You can log in as user 'root' or 'admin'.
To log in as 'admin', use the 'plesk login' command.
Use the 'plesk' command to manage the server. Run 'plesk help' for more info.

Last edited:
That's quite a difference with a image;). My vServer took also some (long) time. Log in with ssh to check system load and processes.

@Kingsley Please stop your suffering posts. I regard it as spam and remove it. Next time you will be banned. Contact Linode support if you have problems with it.

@Kingsley Please stop your suffering posts. I regard it as spam and remove it. Next time you will be banned. Contact Linode support if you have problems with it.

Suffering post? i will be banned? please explain @IgorG

Linode said this is not included in my support, instead of trying to help you are calling me a spammer, is this how you do here?

@Kingsley, keep calm and wait until the installation is finished.

Please do not:

1. attempt to launch another instance of Plesk Installer by going to "Updates and Upgrades" page (it won't let you have 2 instances running anyway);
  2. run repair routines (they may do more harm than good at this point and interfere with ongoing installation process);
  3. interrupt Plesk Installer in any way (otherwise you will certainly end up without latest patch, possibly some extensions you selected for installation, and some subsystems such as mail may be left partially configured).
What is happening behind the curtains may be viewed via log file (especially if Plesk Installer was launched with the --debug option):
  1. Installer runs various deferred actions, such as reconfiguring mail subsystem, applying default SSL/TLS settings, etc.;
  2. Installer downloads and installs Plesk extensions from the Extension Catalog (which may take a while, e.g. if you're installing Ruby and Node.js support);
  3. Installer downloads and applies latest patch version.

For example, what was useful to the community in your post "I'm tired"? I have removed it as absolute trash. Please stop post such kind of posts!

And am yet to see a solution
@Kingsley, keep calm and wait until the installation is finished.

Please do not:

1. attempt to launch another instance of Plesk Installer by going to "Updates and Upgrades" page (it won't let you have 2 instances running anyway);
  2. run repair routines (they may do more harm than good at this point and interfere with ongoing installation process);
  3. interrupt Plesk Installer in any way (otherwise you will certainly end up without latest patch, possibly some extensions you selected for installation, and some subsystems such as mail may be left partially configured).
What is happening behind the curtains may be viewed via log file (especially if Plesk Installer was launched with the --debug option):
  1. Installer runs various deferred actions, such as reconfiguring mail subsystem, applying default SSL/TLS settings, etc.;
  2. Installer downloads and installs Plesk extensions from the Extension Catalog (which may take a while, e.g. if you're installing Ruby and Node.js support);
  3. Installer downloads and applies latest patch version.

Hello @VNick ;

It does all this for 2hrs+? this happens on Linode server, but on Digitalocean the installation takes less than 20 mins to complete (tried 5 times)

The time it takes depends on the amount of extensions that have been selected for installation. Installing each extension also requires download of the extension package itself, as well as any system packages it might need. Depending on your download speed, this may take considerable time. There may also be other factors that slow down the installation process.

In one of the future Plesk Installer versions extensions installation progress will be made more verbose.

The time it takes depends on the amount of extensions that have been selected for installation. Installing each extension also requires download of the extension package itself, as well as any system packages it might need. Depending on your download speed, this may take considerable time. There may also be other factors that slow down the installation process.

In one of the future Plesk Installer versions extensions installation progress will be made more verbose.

This is the installer i used on linode and DO
Code:
sh <(curl https://installer.plesk.com/plesk-installer || wget -O - https://installer.plesk.com/plesk-installer)
on DO with less cores/ram/speed installation process ended successfully i was given a URL attached with a secret key. on Linode with better CORES/RAM/SPEED installation never got to the end stuck at that place for over 2hrs and you said its normal? this is not the first time am using plesk on linode but this is the first time am seeing this.

If you want i can give you access to linode so you can install it @VNick

same issue here when installing on ubuntu server 18.6 installs fine but when you visit the ip:8443 to finish install it sticks tryed many times and waited various times upto 2hrs and all sticks

Forgot to add tryed with and with vpn and same issue

Back