• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing a New WP site, issues with .htaccess and wp-config

Elbowgrease

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have installed a fresh wp site on using wp toolkit, while it all looked ok, I tried creating a new page on the wp backend and it shows me an error ( which basically did not allow me to create a page with the permalink option /%postname% After done a bit of research it was mentioned that I had to change the permalink to /-post number 123.. etc which is not good for anyone SEO wise. So I found some details asking to change wp-config.php file to add the website URL. Try that didn't help. Then I saw something saying that there might be an issue on .htaccess which the site did not have. Does anyone know why there is no .htaccess when creating a new wp site using wp toolkit on Plesk?

I cannot confirm that the file is not created. It should be there. Maybe you don't see it because the name starts with a dot which is a standard to hide files in certain environments.

Anyway, you can simply create a default .htaccess file: Create a text file in the document root directory of your website (e.g. in the /httpdocs directory), with this content:
Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
# END WordPress
and save that file named ".htaccess".

Back