• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Installing Chrome on my Plesk server

FAB

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I got a weird question... because I'm here out of my comfort zone .

I would like to use Chrome headless for a php project. The idea is to install Chrome on my CentOS Linux 7.4 (which also runs Plesk 17.5.3) and then to call Chrome in headless mode to do some website rendering (and or pdf generation).

So, my question is:
Can I install Chrome on my Plesk server? I never did something like that and I'm wondering if it can cause some problems with Plesk?

(more infos about Chrome headless here: Getting Started with Headless Chrome  |  Web  |  Google Developers)

Thanks,
FAB

This is not a service, but a stand-alone application. As other server add-ons it will most likely not interfere with Plesk services or web server installations on the computer. It will probably not cause problems with Plesk.

Hey Fab - can you shed more light on how you did this back in 2017? Any issues you encountered once you got it running, how it got it running, etc? This appears to be the only thread online discussing installing Chrome onto Plesk to use the headless library. Thanks!

Back