• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Installing Jitsi on Linux with Plesk Admin

austin55

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have tried for a couple of days to install Jitsi Meet on a VPS Linux 18.04 server with Plesk web admin to no avail. It seems the issue has to do with Plesk support/compatibility with with this solution. It would be great if someone can assist me with installation directives on this or is Jitsi not compatible with Plesk?

Many thanks for your support.

Austin

Jitsi meet should be independent from Plesk. However, it will of course interfere with the web server and the ports. But I think this can be solved. You need to follow the guide on
and carefully edit the web server configuration files of Plesk so that the Jitsi traffic is sorted out of other traffic.

Personally, I don't get why anyone would want to install that on a Plesk server and go through that ordeal. Why not simply have a server instance for Jitsi Meet only? It's not meant to run as a normal website anyway. Where could Plesk come in when you want to manage Jitsi Meet? These are simply two totally different systems with totally different needs.

Hi,

I have tried for a couple of days to install Jitsi Meet on a VPS Linux 18.04 server with Plesk web admin to no avail. It seems the issue has to do with Plesk support/compatibility with with this solution. It would be great if someone can assist me with installation directives on this or is Jitsi not compatible with Plesk?

Many thanks for your support.

Austin
Hello,

Good Evening,

Why don't you try this, please go through this link: New tutorial: Installing Jitsi Meet on your own Linux Server - Jitsi
This above link might help you to understand how to installing jitsi on Linux.

Thanks & Regards,
Anita

Back