• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Installing Let's Encrypt SSL Remotely

Brandon Turpin

Basic Pleskian
Hello. I am developing my service to automate customers going live. I want to be able to have them install the SSL in our control panel when going live. I am wondering if there is any way, current or if I need to create it, to remotely install a let's encrypt SSL for a specific domain name. I wish the API had more options like this, but I need to find some way of accomplishing this as its getting to busy to manage manually now.

Firstly install Let's Encrypt or SSL It extension on Plesk, next create a service plan, under the service plan you created go to "Additional Service", depending on which of the above extension you install, select "Keep websites secured with free SSL Certificate"

SSL will be installed on the plan.

Screenshot 2020-01-27 at 3.54.18 PM.png

Note that the extension only works in automated mode, for certain DNS zone providers. It does not work, for example, with domains where GoDaddy run the nameservers, you have to update the DNS entry manually.

Back