• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Installing Magento 2.1

CoyoteKG

Regular Pleskian
I had problems with Magento installation, and many of you asked me why I did not installed Magento via Plesk APP.

I did not because I received next error, and now I tried to install it again, and I got the same error.
Error: The following error has occurred during the installation of application: Installation of magento at http://map21.px90.info/ failed. Non-zero exit status returned by script. Output stream: 'PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Parameter validation failed' in /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/Command/InstallCommand.php:150 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Command/Command.php(236): Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InstallCommand->initialize(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput)) #1 /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php(874): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput)) #2 /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php(195): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InstallCommand), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input in /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/Command/InstallCommand.php on line 150 '. Error stream: 'PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Parameter validation failed' in /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/Command/InstallCommand.php:150 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Command/Command.php(236): Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InstallCommand->initialize(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput)) #1 /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php(874): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput)) #2 /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php(195): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(Magento\Setup\Console\Command\InstallCommand), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input in /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map21.px90.info/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/Command/InstallCommand.php on line 150 '.
What I'm wrong?

Plesk v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_Debian 7.0
PHP 5.6.3

Also, I tried to do the same on another server with plesk. Same plesk version, but Debian 8.2
I got two errors about requiremets

Requirements:
PHP extension: The 'intl' extension was not found.
Database: The app requires the mysql database server version 5.6 or later.

What is intl extension?
And I have 5.5 DB, What is the most secure way to update it on 5.6?
Last time when I did that on another server, I broke everything, and I migrated few important sites to this server.

I'm running into a similar issue. I'm using Centos 6.8 with Plesk 12.5 and the Plesk PHP builds 5.6 and 7.0. It works fine so far, but newer software (e.g. Symfony, Yii) is requiring a newer ICU version than compiled into the Plesk PHP build. The php-intl extension is installed and can be updated, however...

Command #/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php -i | grep ICU shows me version 4.2.1, which is outdated. Current version is even at 57.1 (their version system changed....).

First, I tried your suggestion above (https://kb.odin.com/en/128685). I downloaded the 57.1 ICU source, compiled it and tried to install it using PECL in the php/7.0/bin directory. It installs, but the version doesn't change with php -i on php/7.0.

I then tried to add this newer version with the help of the "adding custom module" KB at https://kb.plesk.com/125146, but also without success. The version remains 4.2.1 at all times.

As a last resort, and merely as an experiment, I managed to get a version of php-intl-7.0.9 on the system and replace the existing intl.so with the newer version. It indeed now states the correct ICU version on php-cli, but unfortunately it is not recognized in apache, e.g. phpinfo states that intl extension is not loaded. Also the software is unable to use it. And, importantly, chances are that a PHP-update through Plesk would undo this manual change.

I could potentially compile a custom version of PHP, but I prefer the automatic updates through Plesk (why else do I have this...?).

Right now it seems to me that the solution would probably be that Plesk compiles their PHP-builds with a more recent version of ICU.

Or can anyone provide me with a working solution?

Back