• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Installing Mattermost via Docker in Plesk - issues with containers

I decided to start over. I re-read everything above and see where I made some errors. I misread a couple instructions along the way. I'll go slower this time.

Okay, scsa20. Here's what I did: I deleted the MM Team edition and Postgres container images and downloaded new ones. I kept my folder called "chatsetup" and its in the root of my domain. I kept the same Docker Compose file as it was the exact same file you shared above. I edited the .env file so that the paths are the same as what you shared and I did NOT change it to what you shared was an example (I realize you were giving an example, but not saying I had to do that, so I stayed with defaults, but edited the domain, user and password to my info).

I'm able to start up the MM Team Edition container. The Postgres container is not starting up.

Then in the shell, I went to the directory, then I did the docker compose command. I got a permission denied message. Assuming that meant maybe I had to run the permission command you shared as the next line, that one didn't work and said "no such file or directory".

Last login: Sun Mar 17 20:19:27 2024 from localhost.localdomain -bash-4.2$ cd chatsetup/ -bash-4.2$ docker compose up -d permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get "http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.44/containers/json?all=1&filters=%7B%22label%22%3A%7B%22com.docker.compose.config-hash%22%3Atrue%2C%22com.docker.compose.project%3Dchatsetup%22%3Atrue%7D%7D": dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied -bash-4.2$ sudo chown -R 2000:2000 ./volumes/app/mattermost [sudo] password for f92ffc: chown: cannot access ‘./volumes/app/mattermost’: No such file or directory -bash-4.2$

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here.

Back